● Uses paramedic descriptions to code data to produce claims to insurance companies
● Appealing and reviewing denied and unpaid claims
● Verify patients’ insurance coverage
● Answer patients’ billing questions
● Handle collections on unpaid accounts
● Manage facility’s accounts and receivable reports
● Research all information needed to complete the billing process among which are information
● Review information about procedures performed
● Review and add charge information into data entry program
● Process electronic data batches
● Produce billing
● Process and distribute billing rejection notices from systems in compliance with clinic policies
● Assist with error resolution and denial management
● Maintains required billing reports, records and files
● Maintain strict confidentiality.
● Delinquent collections
Associate Degree in HIT or
- HIT Certificate with comparable work experience in medical billing
Must Demonstrate Accuracy
Must be able to work with the public, handle cash payments and multitask (performing tasks
simultaneously and/or in sequence.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening
NC Driver License
Two (2) years of Medical Billing is desired
Benefited after 90 days
Medical, dental, and life insurance
Sick, vacation, and holiday pay
Membership in the Local Government Retirement System
Supplemental retirement 401k/457
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN CREDIT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED IN RESPONSE TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. No additional information will be solicited by the McDowell County; therefore, persons who submit incomplete applications may not receive full credit for their education, training and experience.
McDowell County is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the County to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, political affiliation or national origin. The County will interactively work with disabled applicants and employees to identify reasonable accommodations that will allow the individual to perform essential job functions.
McDowell County participates in E-Verify.
Applications are available:
Applications can be submitted: