Human Resources Administrative Assistant II
Date Posted: 06/02/2021
Department: Human Resources
Performs a variety of general administrative and program support duties in the County’s Human Resources Department.
- Providing information to applicants concerning vacancies and application process, and to employees concerning various benefits forms and procedures.
- Processing all sick/vacation/comp hours each payroll.
- Processing longevity payments monthly.
- Processing I-9s for all new employees.
- Posting new job openings, collecting applications providing all applications submitted for the posting to the department head and HR Director.
- Process full and part-time timesheets by checking for errors and coding for payout.
- Maintaining department personnel files, establishing files for new employees and filing information
- Uses established database, spreadsheet and word processing programs and payroll/personnel software to enter and retrieve information as needed; prepares reports as requested.
- The employee is expected to have a good understanding of the department, its services, and general understanding of the services and related functions to respond to inquiries. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director
All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of reaching, stooping, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently and constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to work with data and figures, to operate a computer and other machines, and to read extensively.
- Knowledge of personnel rules, guidelines, and policies. Knowledge of the organization and functions of the individual departments.
- Thorough knowledge of office and administrative management functions and current methods in supporting an office management function. Skill to use tact and diplomacy with staff, citizens, and others.
- Ability to research, interpret and compile records, reports and a variety of data into required formats or established forms.
- Capability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with elected officials, managers, employees and the general public.
- Willing to stay abreast of changing personnel related laws
An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a related field and relevant work experience in a clerical-administrative position or personnel related programs
Benefited after 90 days
Medical, dental, and life insurance
Sick, vacation, and holiday pay
Membership in the Local Government Retirement System
Supplemental retirement 401k/457
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
APPLICANTS WILL BE GIVEN CREDIT ONLY FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED IN RESPONSE TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. No additional information will be solicited by the McDowell County; therefore, persons who submit incomplete applications may not receive full credit for their education, training and experience.
McDowell County is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the County to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, political affiliation or national origin. The County will interactively work with disabled applicants and employees to identify reasonable accommodations that will allow the individual to perform essential job functions.
McDowell County participates in E-Verify.
Applications are available:
- on our website: www.mcdowellgov.com- under “Employment Opportunities
- McDowell County Administration Building: 60 East Court St Marion, NC 28752
- McDowell County Administration Annex: 100 Spaulding Rd, Suite #1 Marion, NC 28752
- Employment Security Commission: 316 Baldwin Ave Marion, NC 28752
Applications can be submitted:
- in the locked box at the County Administration building: 60 East Court Street Marion, NC 28752
- in person at the Administration Annex: 100 Spaulding Rd, Suite #1 Marion, NC 28752
- By mail to: McDowell County Human Resources, 60 East Court Street Marion, NC 28752
- By email to: email@example.com
- By fax to: 828-659-9476